A fast prawn formula stacked with BIG flavors! Singed prawns covered in a zesty, sticky Asian sauce, these Asian Chili Garlic Prawns will make them smack your lips in absolute fulfillment, feeling like you’ve quite recently feasted at an extravagant present day Thai eatery.
The sauce suggests a flavor like a natively constructed Chili Jam with the exception of it’s far simpler to make. 15 minutes, all the way! This prawn formula came to be after I had a marvelous Stir Fried Prawns in Chili Jam at a modern(ish) Thai Restaurant. While I can’t recreate pastries at home spontaneously, I normally have a reasonable shot of getting quite close with appetizing dishes.
It turned out darn heavenly. Outrageously scrumptious and really near making this with a custom made Chili Jam, yet only a ton simpler and quicker.
Juicy prawns / shrimp in a sweet sticky, spicy, garlicky sauce. A quick dinner that tastes like a homemade Chilli Jam stir fry you get at modern Thai restaurants! Spice level – this is quite spicy!
- 500g / 1 lb prawns / shrimp, raw, , peeled and deveined (if using frozen, thaw completely and pat with paper towels to remove excess water.)
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil (or canola)
- 1 tsp sesame oil , toasted ( Toasted Sesame Oil is brown and has a stronger sesame flavour than untoasted sesame oil which is yellow.)
- 3 garlic cloves , very finely minced
- 2 tsp ginger , grated or finely chopped (can be omitted)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 3 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp soy sauce , light or all purpose
- 3 tbsp brown sugar (sub with white)
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions , finely sliced
- Red chillies , finely sliced or chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add half the prawns and sear for about 45 seconds on each side until golden, then remove into bowl. Repeat.
- Remove skillet from stove to cool down slightly, turn down to medium.
- Return skillet to stove, heat sesame oil.
- Add garlic, ginger and chilli flakes. Cook until garlic turns golden.
- Add water, then Sriracha, soy sauce and sugar, Stir, increase heat to medium high, and let it simmer for 3 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken to a thin syrup consistency.
- Return prawns into skillet and toss to coat in sauce and reheat, and cook for 1 – 2 minutes until sauce is reduced and coats the prawns nicely.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, fresh chilli and shallots if desired. Serve with rice to soak up the awesome sauce! Side salad suggestions in post.
For more detail : https://bit.ly/31Ucsqb