ASPARAGUS AND BRIE PUFF PASTRY WITH THYME HONEY
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 ounces brie, cut into 8 slices
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss together the asparagus, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roll the pastry sheets out on a floured surface and cut into 8 squares. Place a piece of brie on each square and then add a handful of asparagus. Take 2 corners of the pastry and wrap up and over the asparagus to enclose (see above photo). Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining squares. Brush each pastry with egg. Transfer to the oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt together the honey, butter, and thyme in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Serve the pastries warm, drizzled with thyme honey and crushed red pepper. Enjoy!