This simple chicken enchiladas formula is a real Mexican nourishment staple. Delicate bits of destroyed chicken are come in flour tortillas and bested with a custom made enchilada sauce. The goulash is heated until the cheddar is hot and liquefied.
Chicken enchiladas is a simple meal dish made to bolster a group. Lean white meat is sauteed, destroyed and hurled in striking flavors for most extreme flavor inside warmed flour tortillas. A credible enchilada sauce is made with a tomato based sauce, chipotle peppers, chicken stock, and seasonings to coat each serving.
A mix of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses are sprinkled on top, and the dish is prepared until the cheddar is hot and bubbly. It’s a wonderful supper that can be prepared early for occupied weeknights or made for extraordinary festivals like Cinco De Mayo.
This easy chicken enchiladas recipe is an authentic Mexican food staple. An easy casserole dish made to feed a crowd.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, (8g) divided
- 2 teaspoons cumin, (2g) divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika, (3g)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, (2g)
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, (3g) divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, flatten chicken to even thickness, about 3/4-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, (45ml) divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, (3g)
- 1/4 cup chipotle chilis, (82g) canned in adobe sauce
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock, (240ml)
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes, (240ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 10 tortillas, flour or corn, 6-inch size
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, (117g) about 1 cup grated
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, (117g) about 1 cup grated
- 2 teaspoons sliced green onions, (7g)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Season each side of the chicken breasts with 1/2 teaspoon of the spice mixture. Save the additional seasoning mix.
- Heat a medium-sized saute pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, once hot and shimmering and the chicken to the pan.
- Cook chicken for 7 minutes, then flip over and cook until no longer pink and internal temperature reaches 160 to 165ºF (71 to 74ºC), about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and allow to cool.
- Use fingers or two forks to shred the chicken into smaller pieces. Add 1 teaspoon of the seasoning mix and combine until evenly coated.
- In a medium saucepan add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Heat over medium heat, once hot add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the chipotle chilis and use a spoon to stir and break up into smaller pieces, cook 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, chili powder, and chipotle chili powder, stir to combine.
- Bring sauce to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until sauce is thickened about 5 minutes.
- Transfer enchilada sauce to a blender or food processor and process on medium speed until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Taste sauce and season with more salt and pepper as needed. More chicken broth can be added to thin the sauce if desired.
- Heat tortillas in a pan over medium-high heat or directly over a gas flame for 10 to 15 seconds on each side, to lightly toast and make more pliable.
- Adjust oven rack to the center position. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly coat a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray or oil.
- Evenly spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour 1/2 cup of enchilda sauce in a shallow bowl large enough to fit the tortillas.
- Lightly dip each side of the tortilla in the sauce.
- Transfer tortilla to a plate a fill the center with about 1/3 cup of chicken. Roll into a cylinder and transfer to the pan.
- Repeat process until 10 enchiladas are rolled and lined up in the pan.
- Evenly spread the remaining sauce over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle the monetery jack cheese and cheddar cheese on top of the enchiladas.
- Cover Enchiladas with foil and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and chopped cilantro.
Source : https://bit.ly/2MKBt3C