On cold evenings there’s simply nothing superior to having a steaming bowl of tasty soup to warm you up and this simple, solid chicken broccoli soup resembles an embrace in a bowl. It’s velvety and loaded with surface while not being excessively substantial or overloaded with cream or a flour base.
I utilize a cornstarch slurry to thicken the soup somewhat yet that is absolutely discretionary. Different approaches to thicken the soup is to include some pureed potatoes or by pureeing 33% of the soup and blending it once again into the pot. The milk includes smoothness yet can likewise be substituted with a without dairy form or essentially utilize chicken stock. It’s the sort of formula that meets up rapidly (on account of the rotisserie chicken) with straightforward however make sure to make a major pot since this is genuinely useful for lunch the following day.
Begin by sautéing onion, celery, carrot and hacked broccoli stalks until delicate and fragrant at that point include garlic and flavoring. Include chicken stock, milk and cornflour blend (discretionary to thicken) and bring to a stew at that point include the broccoli and destroyed chicken and permit to cook until the broccoli is delicate. Season to taste and present with dry bread.
This easy healthy chicken broccoli soup is the perfect simple recipe for cozy winter dinners. Easy comfort food in a bowl served with crusty bread.
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp chilli flakes/red pepper flakes (optional)
- 5 cups broccoli stems removed and finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock/broth (Home-made or good quality store bought )
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp cornflour/cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- Sauté the onion, celery, carrot and broccoli stalks in a splash of oil until soft and fragrant and just starting to brown (this takes around 10 minutes).
- Add the garlic, bay leaf and herbs and sauté for another minute before adding the chicken stock, milk and cornflour mixture.
- Bring to a simmer then add the broccoli florets and shredded chicken.
- Allow to cook for 15 minutes then season with salt, pepper and lemon (optional).
- Serve with crusty bread.
Source : https://bit.ly/2RSOy89