The most magnificent Grilled Street Corn Salad with Avocado “Mayo” that serves as a starter as well. Sweet mid year corn, hurled together with zesty jalapeños, smoky paprika, a lot of crisp chives, basil, cilantro, and some feta cheddar as well. This corn plate of mixed greens is served over whipped avocado “mayo” for a more advantageous, yet at the same time DELICIOUS interpretation of the exemplary Mexican road corn serving of mixed greens. It’s the ideal convenient solution plate of mixed greens that is no cook and meets up in minutes. Furthermore, truly, it’s best served up with a side of salty tortilla chips for scooping.
There are a couple of things I am particularly about the present moment. Peaches, corn, burrata cheddar, tomatoes, basil (all herbs by and large really), more peaches, more corn, more burrata. I think you get the thought, summer produce (alongside cheddar and carbs) are particularly my jam at the present time. What’s more, I am grasping it the most ideal way I know how.
This plate of mixed greens? It’s essentially what summer is about. It’s light and crisp, so heavenly, loaded up with corn, new herbs, and is the most straightforward to put together. Ideal for some other summer day also.
The perfect quick fix salad that’s almost no cook and comes together in minutes…best served with a side of salty tortilla chips!
- 6 ears fresh corn, husks and silk removed
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 jalapeño, seeded if desired and chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- tortilla chips, for serving (optional)
- Heat a grill or broiler to high.
- Slice the kernels from 3 ears of the corn off and add to a large bowl. Grill or broil the remaining 3 ears corn until lightly charred all over, then remove and let cool just enough to handle. Slice the cooked corn kernels off the cob and add to the bowl with the raw corn.
- Add the avocado, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, half the lime juice, and a pinch of salt to a food processor or high-speed blender. Puree until completely smooth. Add 2 tablespoons of the avocado puree to the bowl with the corn. Set the remainder aside.
- To the bowl with the corn, add the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, the remaining lime juice, honey, chili powder, paprika, jalapeño, and chives. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Stir in the chives, basil, cilantro, and feta, if using.
- Spoon the remaining avocado puree into the bottom of a serving bowl and top with the corn salad. Serve the salad as a side or as an app with chips for scooping.
For more detail : https://bit.ly/2XWFv9e