This recipe makes 2 Hawaiian cakes.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 2 packages (5.1 oz each) Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
1. Mix cake batter according to package directions.
2. Split the batter in half and pour into two greased 13″x 9″ baking pans.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the cakes test as done. Cool completely.
4. In a large bowl, combine pudding powder, milk and coconut extract; beat for 2 minutes. (Do NOT make the pudding and then put it in)
5. Add the cream cheese to the pudding mixture and beat well. Stir in the pineapple.
6. Put whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a bowl.
7. Spread the coconut evenly on a cookie sheet. Heat the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 7-8 minutes or until light golden brown. Spread the toasted coconut over the top of the homemade whipped cream.
8. Chill for at least 2 hours!!