This Italian serving of mixed greens is my go to! We eat it constantly and it combines so well with such a significant number of various courses. For an extraordinary Italian feast, pair this serving of mixed greens with bruschetta and this astounding hamburger ragu.
So while your fundamental course is cooking, you can prepare together this basic plate of mixed greens. It’s an adaptable serving of mixed greens and you can tweak the veggies to incorporate every one of your top choices. Or then again disentangle it to incorporate only 1-2 of your top choices.
This serving of mixed greens is anything but difficult to change in accordance with individual inclination and doesn’t take long to put together. The best part is the dressing! so crisp tasting and loaded up with flavor.
A delicious and healthy Italian Salad with a perfect herb dressing and plenty of veggies. This easy dinner salad is easy to customize to add your favorites.
For the Dressing
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped (measured into 1 cup before chopping)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Freshly cracked black pepper and fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup English cucumbers, halved and quartered
- 1/2 cup artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped (Note 1)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1 large avocado, chopped or thinly sliced
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional to top salad with
- Croutons, store-bought or homemade, parmesan cheese, added to preference
- Optional: pepperoncinis
- Make the dressing: Combine the chopped parsley, chopped basil, oregano, garlic cloves, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper (to taste, I use 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 3/4 teaspoon salt) in a food processor or blender and pulse to combine and chop the herbs. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and pulse until combined. Don’t over pulse/mix or your olive oil can become metallic tasting. Place in the fridge in a mason jar while preparing other ingredients. Shake to recombine dressing ingredients as needed before adding to the salad.
- Place the following salad ingredients in a large bowl: the chopped lettuce, cucumbers, artichokes, tomatoes, olives, and pepperoncinis if desired. Right before serving, add about half of the dressing, avocado, parmesan cheese, and toss well. Add more dressing as needed making sure to very generously coat the lettuce (you’ll likely use more dressing that you think to really get the flavor perfect!). Add some more salt and pepper to taste to the salad and finally top with croutons and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- *Only add avocado, dressing, cheese, and croutons to the amount of salad that will be finished immediately. This salad doesn’t sit well with the dressing. Additionally the croutons will get soggy and avocado will brown in any leftover salad.
Source : https://bit.ly/2KiYbxW