- 3/4 cup Butter softened
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 3 Ripe Bananas mashed
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 cup Butter softened
(1) 8-oz. pkg. Cream Cheese softened
3 cups Powdered Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla or Vanilla Beans
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar for 5 minutes or until light and fluffly.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing in between.
- Stir in vanilla
- In small bowl, mash bananas with lemon juice.
- Add bananas to bowl and mix well.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until baked in the middle.
- Optional: place in freezer for 45 minutes – 1 hour to keep moist (put oven mitts underneath pan).
- To make cream cheese frosting:
- Cream butter and cream cheese for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix together.
- Spread frosting all over cake.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.