- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 (12 tablespoons) sticks butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10x15x1 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine 1 1/2 sticks butter and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Sitr to make sure all butter is melted.
- Whisk 1/2 cup peanut butter and vegetable oil into butter mixture. Stir into flour mixture.
- Whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Stir into flour mixture until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool.
- To make frosting, use an electric mixer to beat butter and peanut butter together until smooth.
- Add half of confectioners’ sugar and half of milk and beat until smooth.
- Add remaining confectioners’ sugar, milk and the vanilla pudding mix and beat until smooth. Add a little more milk if necessary.