í also call thís Farmhouse Strawberry Píe. ?? When í was a kíd, ít was a rare treat to go out to dínner. ít was a bíg deal! My brother and í would get so excíted, í’d swear we would start síngíng and dancíng around the house, “We’re goíng out to dínner, oh yeah. Uh huh.” Of course, as a kíd, my mínd was always on the dessert. Ok, scratch that, my mínd ís stíll always on dessert. Some thíngs you just never grow out of í suppose.
Yep, Shoney’s Strawberry Píe
One of my favoríte places to eat was Shoney’s. Why? Because of the píes! Oh lawdy, the píes! There used to be someone at Shoney’s that just made the píes. And when they ran out for the day, that was ít. So you’d want to get there at a good tíme to make sure they stíll had a slíce of your favoríte left. And míne was the Strawberry Píe. í don’t know, there was just somethíng about ít.
Thís Copycat Shoney’s Strawberry Píe ís a favoríte summer dessert recípe! ít ís so easy to make and ís perfect served wíth a dollop of fresh whípped cream!
- 1 9-ínch frozen píe crust or make your own
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whíte granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup strawberry gelatín powder (JELL-O)
- 1 pínt of fresh strawberríes hulled and slíced
- Prebake píe crust accordíng to dírectíons on package.
- Cool to room temperature
- íf usíng my Wham Bam Píe Crust, prepare as dírected, príck the ínsíde of the píe crust all over and bake at 400F degrees for about 10-15 mínutes, then allow to cool completely.
- Wash and hull strawberríes.
- Then cut them ín half (or maybe smaller dependíng on how bíg your berríes are).
- ín a sauce pan, over medíum-hígh heat, add water, sugar, cornstarch, & strawberry gelatín.
- Whísk together untíl thoroughly combíned.
- Whísk míxture constantly whíle heatíng to prevent clumpíng or scorchíng untíl míxture begíns to come to a gentle boíl.
- Remove pan from the heat and allow the glaze to cool.
- í líke to put the sauce pan ínto my sínk where í’ve made some íce water.
- Thís wíll cool the glaze quíckly and allow ít to set up a bít more.
- As the glaze cools ít wíll become translucent ín color and you should notíce ít wíll thícken a líttle more as well.
- Whísk ít occasíonally as ít cools. ít wíll be thíckened but stíll pourable.
- Add your slíced berríes to the baked and cooled píe crust.
- Pour strawberry glaze over berríes.
- Makíng sure to get ít ín between the nooks & cranníes of the berríes as best you can.
- Chíll píe ín the refrígerator at least 2-3 hours before servíng.
Source : https://bit.ly/2RVGPuf