Sock It To Me Cake
This classic coffee cake is filled with pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon and drizzled with a sweet glaze.
- 1 box (18.25 ounce size) butter cake mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk, orange juice or lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a tube pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, sugar, and oil an mix until just blended. With the mixer running, add the eggs one at a time. Mix until incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and sour cream to the batter and mix well. Stir in the pecans by hand.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared tube pan.
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon until blended. Sprinkle the mixture over the cake batter in the pan.
- Gently pour the remaining cake batter into the tube pan over the cinnamon and sugar layer. Do not stir.
- Place the tube pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 60-65 minutes or until the cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the confectioners sugar and milk (or juice) until smooth. Set aside.
- When the cake is done, remove from the oven and let cool on a rack in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Place a piece of waxed paper under the cooling rack. Invert the tube pan onto a plate and remove the cake. Invert the plate onto the cooling rack so the cake is right-side up again.
- While the cake is still warm, drizzle with the glaze. Let the cake cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Serve leftover cake in an airtight containe