- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1- 3 Ounce Box Strawberry Jello
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Strawberries Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Milk
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 2 16 Ounce Packages Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries Finely Chopped
And…if you love this recipe, be sure to check out my other recipes:
Blueberry Cream Cake Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna Lord Baltimore Lush Dessert
- Make the Cake: Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees. Line 3- 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray (I prefer the Baking nonstick cooking spray that contains flour). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all cake ingredients with an electric mixer on low until just combined.
- Scrape the side of the bowl, and increase mixer to medium and beat for 3 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pans and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean, about 23 minutes.
- Cool cake in pans on a rack for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely.
- If using the following recipe for Strawberry Buttercream refrigerate cakes until completely chilled.
- Meanwhile, Make Frosting: In a large bowl, beat the butter at medium until it’s pale yellow and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and strawberries and beat at low until well combined and creamy.
- Set in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes to firm it up slightly (You just don’t want it to be runny).
- Spread one of the layers of cake with frosting then refrigerate.
- Frost the second layer and refrigerate until the frosting on both layers has firmed up a bit.
- Assemble all the layers and frost the top and sides. Refrigerate!