One, This is the means by which one ought to be acquainted with mushrooms(so smooth, so flavorful!). Two, for reasons unknown I chaos up the spelling of bourguignon. Twice I thought I had lost the photographs and the composed formula post, as hunt wouldn’t work. Well it didn’t on the grounds that it was not the right spelling!
Anywho, this Vegan Bourguignon uses mushrooms and veggies, heaps of flavor expansion, and 1 Pot. I likewise steam the potato and cauliflower while the mushrooms cook, Pot in Pot Cooking. It spares time and pots. Squash the steamed veggies, include herbs of decision, some non dairy milk for creamyness and serve. You can cook the potatoes/cauliflower independently on the off chance that you like and furthermore make this on the stove top. See formula notes underneath for Stovetop directions and times. Lets get cooking!
Vegan Mushroom Bourguignon served over Potato Cauliflower Mash. All Cooked in an Instant Pot together with PIP (pot in pot). Vegan Gluten-free Nut-free Recipe.
- Mushroom Bourguignon:
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 (0.5 ) medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 10 oz (8 oz) sliced mushrooms mixed or white or cremini
- 1/4 cup (58.75 ml) brandy or whiskey or red wine or use broth
- 3/4 cup (75 g) chopped carrots
- 1 cup (101 g) chopped celery
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) dried thyme or 1 tbsp fresh
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce ,tamari for gluten-free, coconut aminos for soyfree
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water or broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch mixed in 3 tbsp water (you can also add 2 tbsp of the mashed potato mixture to thicken)
- 1 cup (30 g) of spinach or greens
- Potato Mash:
- 1 large potato cubed small
- 1 cup (100 g) cauliflower florets (heaping cup)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 to 4 tbsp (NaN tbsp) non dairy milk
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) each salt garlic powder
- (NaN ) black pepper to taste
- Heat the Instant Pot on Saute. Add oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion, garlic, mushrooms and a good pinch of salt and give them a quick mix. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until golden on some edges. Add a tbsp of water if browning too quickly.
- Add the wine and mix well for a few seconds to cook out the alcohol.
- Add the carrots, celery, thyme and garlic and mix well. Add the soy sauce, tomato paste, 1/3 tsp salt (if using water or unsalted broth) and water/broth and give it a mix. Cancel saute. You can also add in 1 bay leaf and some rosemary for flavor variation at this point.
- Place the steamer basket on top of the mushroom mixture. Add potato and cauliflower to it.
- Close the Instant Pot lid. Pressure Cook for 9 to 10 minutes (Manual hi pressure). Add a minute if using larger quantity of either mushroom mix or potatoes, or if doubling.
- Let the pressure release naturally once the cooking is complete. Open the lid and carefully remove the steamer basket.
- Put the pot on saute, Add cornstarch slurry and give it a mix (you can also add 2 tbsp of the mashed potato mixture to thicken). Add spinach or baby kale and black pepper and mix. Bring the mixture to a boil to thicken, then cancel saute. Taste and adjust salt and flavor.
- Meanwhile. Transfer the steamed potato and cauliflower to a bowl and mash roughly. Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, olive oil, non dairy milk and optionally fresh/dried herbs of choice(eg. thyme, rosemary, chives) and mash well to preferred consistency.
- Serve the mash layered with the mushroom bourguignon. Garnish with some fresh thyme or basil and black or white pepper.
Source : https://bit.ly/2Y01XzP