A solid and simple supper made with dark colored rice, dark beans, chime pepper, spinach, onion, and appetizing and fiery seasonings.
We cherish veggie lover comfort sustenance and we’re great at making it. Take a visit through our site and you’ll discover the majority of the plans that shout, stretchy jeans required!
Life is occupied, you need to eat healthy, you need sustenance that preferences great, you would prefer not to invest a ton of energy in the kitchen making sound nourishment that preferences great, so what would it be advisable for you to do? Two words: Beans and Rice.
Healthy and easy vegetable black beans and rice. The perfect dinner for a busy weeknight. That’s it, easy, fast, affordable, healthy, and delicious food for you and your family in less than thirty minutes.
- 15 oz black or red beans
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry quick cooking brown rice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chili powder – divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin – divided
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground sea salt – divided add more or less as desired
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper add more or less as desired
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 red bell pepper – removed and chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 teaspoon of avocado or extra virgin-olive oil or 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth
- ½ cup of chopped cilantro optional
- Lime wedges optional
- Drain and rinse the beans and put them in a medium sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil at high heat, once the water is boiling reduce the heat to simmer. Add 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, turmeric, and ground pepper and stir well to combine. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the sea salt at the end.
- In a large skillet with a lid, heat the oil, or, 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth if you don’t cook with oil, on medium heat. When the oil/broth is hot, add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until tender. Pour the 1 and ½ cups of vegetable broth over the vegetables and bring to a boil. When the broth is boiling stir in the rice, cover, and reduce the heat to simmer for the amount of time directed on the package. Usually 20 minutes.
- When the rice is done, remove the lid, add the spinach, and put the lid back on. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon (to avoid adding extra water) to add the beans to the vegetables and rice, sprinkle on the remaining teaspoon of chili powder and ½ teaspoon of cumin, and grind more sea salt and black pepper on top if desired. Fold the beans and spices into the rice and veggies until well combined. Serve with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
Source : https://bit.ly/2MBYmX0